Vitamin B12 Methylcobalamin 1000mcg 40 Tablets - Vitalize
Vitamin B12 Methylcobalamin 1000mcg 40 Tablets from Vitalize
Extra energy for the body and mind.
A methylcobalamin is bio active form of vitamin B12 in the body. This form does not need to be converted by the body, but it is directly active and available. The daily dose of 1000 µg contributes to normal energy-producing metabolism, to the normal formation of red blood cells and participates in the cell division process.
- Activates the body's natural energy.
- Good for concentration, memory and mental balance.
- Participates in the cell division process.
- In part, it ensures a good resistance of the organism.
- Tablets that dissolve (better absorption) with strawberry flavor.
- Suitable for vegetarians.
Methylcobalamin circulates through the bloodstream and is one of the two naturally occurring forms of vitamin B12 coenzymes that the body uses.
This form of B12 has greater stability and bioavailability and does not require conversion
- Contributes to normal energy-producing metabolism
- Stimulates detoxification
- Assists in the normal functioning of the nervous system and normal psychological function
- Contributes to normal homocysteine metabolism (homocysteine levels are undesirable and are known as indicators of heart disease and stroke risk).
Does not contain Cyanocobalamin (another form of Vitamin B12) which is not active!
Hydroxocobalamin is the main form of Vit.B12 found in meat, fish and dairy products.
Cyanocobalamin is a common but synthetic B12, which is often added to food, and the body needs to use precious energy to convert this form to methylcobalamin.
Methylcobalamin: this form of Vit. B12 has greater stability and bio availability and does not require conversion by the body. The next 4 facts will explain the benefits of methylcobalamin.
- Increases the physical energy available in the body
All chemical reactions in the body expend energy. When the body needs to convert a vitamin into a form that the body can use, this reaction also requires energy. Taking methylcobalamin as a Vit.B12 supplement eliminates the need for this extra chemical reaction.
- Encourages detoxification
Methyl groups activate hundreds of chemical reactions throughout the body. One of these processes includes triggering detox reactions. This includes removing heavy metals, environmental toxins and other waste.
- Support the brain and nervous system
Methylcobalamin is the only form of Vit.B12 that can cross the blood-brain barrier * without assistance or conversion. Its methyl group stimulates the creation of serotonin, a neurotransmitter responsible for supporting mood states. It also works directly on brain cells to protect them from damage caused by excitotoxins (excitotoxin is any substance capable of causing brain cells to trigger continuous nerve impulses, which most often leads to the death of these cells.). The researchers found that large doses of methylcobalamin could offer therapeutic value for those suffering from ALS and multiple sclerosis. This is the only form of B12 that acts on the nervous system.
* The blood-brain barrier is a highly selective semipermeable membrane barrier that separates circulating blood from the brain and extracellular fluid in the central nervous system (CNS).
4. Neutralizes Homocysteine
Elevated levels of homocysteine are undesirable and are known to be an indicator of heart disease and stroke risk. Free homocysteine in the blood causes sclerosis of the arteries, putting pressure on the vascular system and the heart. One of the main reactions of methylcobalamin is to convert homocysteine to methionine, reducing the potential for damage.
All of the situations below have one thing in common - Vitamin B12 deficiency:
- ADHD (Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder): attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Cardiovascular problems
- Homocysteinuria **
- Female and male infertility
- Multiple sclerosis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
* Anemia: a condition in which there is a deficiency of red blood cells or hemoglobin in the blood, resulting in pallor and tiredness.
** Homocystinuria is an inherited disease in which the body is unable to process certain amino acids correctly
*** Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disease in which the body's immune system becomes overactive and attacks normal, healthy tissue. This results in symptoms such as inflammation, swelling and damage to the joints, skin, kidneys, blood, heart and lungs.